Maximized for Large Part Production and Profitability
Maxima MG is the new era in large part injection molding machine performance with compact, versatile and adaptable production systems. It offers production in a reduced footprint, using 10% to 20% less floor space than comparable machines bringing more profit per square foot.
Maxima MG machines can be configured for various applications by combining a large range of clamp and injection units with a selection of optional pumping packages. Realize the benefits of configuring a machine that is perfectly suited to your production requirements. Optimize your process for highest part productivity, part quality and operational profitability.
With a long clamp stroke, large daylight and spacious tie bar clearance, there’s plenty of room for over-sized molds and stack molds. Maxima MG is built to provide continued, repeatable performance throughout years of demanding production, while giving you the ability and versatility to respond quickly to changing market demands. Whether it is generic products or technically challenging parts, Maxima MG brings you the speed, precision, capacity and repeatability demanded by large injection molded parts for all major industry segments.
|MG1100||85 – 362||74.8||94.5||19.7||78.7 x 63.2||61.0 x 47.2|
|MG 1300||179 – 540||86.6||110.2||23.6||86.6 x 70.1||65.7 x 52.4|
|MG 1500||179 – 540||86.6||110.2||23.6||86.6 x 70.1||65.0 x 51.6|
|MG 1800||179 – 540||104.3||129.9||25.6||94.5 x 77.5||72.2 x 55.3|
|MG 2000||179 – 540||104.3||129.9||25.6||94.5 x 77.5||71.6 x 54.7|
|MG 2300||288 – 769||118.1||145.7||27.6||102.4 x 86.6||79.3 x 63.6|
|MG 2600||288 – 769||118.1||145.7||27.6||102.4 x 86.6||78.7 x 63.0|
|MG 3000||288 – 769||116.1||145.7||29.5||115.0 x 96.5||84.0 x 66.9|
|MG 3300||288 – 769||116.1||145.7||29.5||115.0 x 96.5||83.5 x 66.3|
|MG 4000||413 – 1,054||133.8||165.4||31.5||122.0 x 106.3||90.5 x 74.8|
|MG 4400||413 – 1,054||133.8||165.4||31.5||122.0 x 106.3||89.8 x 74.0|
|MG 1100||2,421 – 10,253||1,900||2,400||500||2,000 x 1,605||1,550 x 1,220|
|MG 1300||5,082 – 15,305||2,200||2,800||600||2,200 x 1,780||1,670 x 1,330|
|MG 1500||5,082 – 15,305||2,200||2,800||600||2,200 x 1,780||1,650 x 1,310|
|MG 1800||5,082 – 15,305||2,650||3,300||650||2,400 x 1,970||1,835 x 1,405|
|MG 2000||5,082 – 15,305||2,650||3,300||650||2,400 x 1,970||1,820 x 1,390|
|MG 2300||8,174 – 21,792||3,000||3,700||700||2,600 x 2,200||2,015 x 1,615|
|MG 2600||8,174 – 21,792||3,000||3,700||700||2,600 x 2,200||2,000 x 1,600|
|MG 3000||8,174 – 21,792||2,950||3,700||750||2,920 x 2,450||2,135 x 1,700|
|MG 3300||8,174 – 21,792||2,950||3,700||750||2,920 x 2,450||2,120 x 1,685|
|MG 4000||11,718 – 29,893||3,400||4,200||800||3,100 x 2,700||2,300 x 1,900|
|MG 4400||11,718 – 29,893||3,400||4,200||800||3,100 x 2,700||2,280 x 1,880|
- Maxima MG 1100 Spec Sheet (PDF , 81 KB )
- Maxima MG 1300 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
- Maxima MG 1500 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
- Maxima MG 1800 Spec Sheet (PDF , 76 KB )
- Maxima MG 2000 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
- Maxima MG 2300 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
- Maxima MG 2600 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
- Maxima MG 3000 Spec Sheet (PDF , 74 KB )
- Maxima MG 3300 Spec Sheet (PDF , 74 KB )
- Maxima MG 4000 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
- Maxima MG 4400 Spec Sheet (PDF , 75 KB )
Strong and Rigid Clamp – Fast and Easy on the Molds
Maximize Clamp Speeds While Protecting Molds
- MAXIMA MG has the fastest clamp in the industry and provides the best mold protection.
- Closed loop speed and pressure control ensure consistent cycles.
- Up to 3 clamp closing and 5 clamp opening speeds.
- Closed loop pressure differential mold protection is provided for True Force Control.
- Up to 3 mold protection stages are available.
- Closed loop tonnage control enables part consistency and quality.
- Clamp motions are easily configured for 3 plate molds and longer leader pins.
- Power operator gate allows convenient and safe access to the mold area.
- Full ANSI safety compliance protects your personnel.
Direct Acting Ram
During tonnage build, high pressure hydraulic oil in the cylinder platen pushes the Direct Acting Ram to build tonnage directly behind the mold.
- Short stroke tonnage build using a small volume of oil to compress results in faster tonnage build time.
- Reliable tonnage build. Only one piston to control, not four.
- Centrally actuated tonnage force directly behind the mold provides symmetrically distributed clamp forces across the mold area.
- Direct and even clamp force.
- Simple and proven design, resulting in improved uptime.
- Closed loop tonnage control enables part consistency and quality.
- Reliable and durable.
- Better alignment, assuring reduced mold wear.
- Better part quality and higher productivity.
Precision Processing Features
- Dual injection unit pull-in cylinders assure alignment and center-balanced force, while reducing the machine footprint.
- Precision ways reduce misalignments affecting screw pick-up and cylinder leaks.
- Clean and clear access to the purge area on operator and non-operator sides of the machine.
- Powered injection unit swivel enables quick and easy access to maintain the screw tip or remove/install feed screws.
- Separate injection base and transition base facilitates shipping and installation.
A wide selection of injection units and screw geometry are available. This means application specific solutions for every material formulation and plasticizing rate, including:
- High performance, high throughput
- Lower melt temperatures
- Better mixing and homogenization
- Wear resistant protection
Precision Control Technology For All Applications
The MOSAIC Control is the high-performance control system that controls and communicates all machine functions and related parts producing processes. MOSAIC Control provides improved reliability, performance, and user- friendliness to keep your process in control.
- Individual forward and retract manual movement keys for each axis.
- Factory programmable buttons for added options.
- Logical grouping and separation of the machine function and manual operator keys.
- Swing-arm mount can be optimally positioned for each operator, allowing for an unobstructed view of the mold area.
Mosaic Control Features
- 15 Inch Diagonal Screen
- TFT Flat Panel
- Touch Screen (Analog, Resistive) Dual Intel Processors
- Swing Arm Mount
- IP65 Protection (against dirt and contaminants)
Mosaic Operator Screen Features
- Screen layouts are clear, concise and easy to understand.
- Direct Group Access Keys for quick machine setup.
- Pop-up keyboards for data and text entry.
- Drop down selection boxes for choosing items from a list. Lighted On/Off buttons.
- Choice of Language and Units of Measurement.
Mosaic Control Screen Displays
Intuitive Operation Touch Screens
- Group Access Keys on the left margin
- Special Function Keys on the right margin
- Message Bar at top of screen displays the active alarm text or the current menu if no alarm exists
- Status Bar at screen bottom provides a quick glance at the current status of critical machine parameters, including actual feedback from sensors, current cycle count and current logged-in user.
Setpoint Overview Screen
- Single screen for setting clamp, ejector, injection and extruder
- Follows the configurations that are defined on the Primary Set Up tabs
- Great for quick set-ups and adjustments
- Improves operator set-up efficiency
Injection Set-Up Screens
- Extruder functions
- Injection setpoints
- Pack & Hold setpoints
- Mold Gate options
- Semi-Auto Purge options
Clamp Set-Up Screen
- Mold Height
- Open and Close positions
- Air Eject
Configurable I/O Screen
- Ultimate flexibility for signal interfaces
- Eight 24 Volt DC Input or Output signals
- Signals are configured to Machine Cycle Status
- 41 Output Cycle States and 14 Input Permissions
- Configurable Pulse Timers for Inputs
Process Monitor Trend Graphics
- Monitors trends on-line using trend graphics
- Select from any on of the monitored variables (over 50 to select from)
Process Monitoring Screens
- Track your process for consistency
- High resolution times and position feedback
- Selectable Alarm Bands
- Choose up to 16 parameters from a list of over 50
Enhanced Process Graphics
- Ability to display one or two graphs
- Enables comparison to stored reference points
- Easy to use Cursor Control and Zoom Control
- Adjustable “Y” scaling
Graphical Injection Set-Up
- Up to 10 segments of Injection Velocity
- Transfer each segment on Position, Volume, Pressure or Time
- Up to 10 Pack/Hold Pressure/Time/Velocity steps
- Display either Hydraulic or Melt pressure
- Graphic display of Pressure and Velocity actual values
Easy Mold Loading Access
Automatic tie bar retraction (optional) enables quick installation of bulky molds and low overhead crane situations. Reduced set-up to a fraction of the usual time.
MAXIMA MG machines are available with higher performance injection options capable of substantially higher injection rates. High performance options include:
- Accumulator assisted injection (A) for high speed injection rates.
- High efficiency AC electric extruder drive (B) provides independent and simultaneous clamp and extruder operation for reduced cycle time and greater energy savings.
- The optional hydraulically powered rotary nozzle shut-off valve prevents material from flowing into the mold runner system while the screw is rotating and the clamp is opening during independent operation
- Maxima MG Brochure (PDF , 3 MB )