Parallel Twin Screw TP Series
For High Output with Gentle Plastification
Milacron’s TP Series of Parallel Twin Screw Extruders is designed for greater output, superior performance and higher profits.
- The strongest and most reliable gear box available on the market today.
- Ideal for heat and shear sensitive materials.
- High surface area, low shear screw designs for efficient heat transfer.
- Positive displacement pumping characteristics.
- Narrow residence time produces optimal melt condition.
|TP 75-26||to 1000||to 720||to 720||to 720||to 1150||to 1200||NA|
|TP 75-33||to 1100||to 775||to 775||to 775||to 1200||to 1290||to 700|
|TP 93-26||to 1200||to 1000||to 1000||to 1000||to 1200||to 1400||N/A|
|TP 93-33||to 1200||to 1000||to 1000||to 1000||to 1200||to 1400||to 900|
|TP 115-26||to 2200||to 1400||to 1800||to 1800||to 2200||to 2600||N/A|
|TP 115-33||to 2200||to 1400||to 1800||to 1800||to 2200||to 2600||to 1600|
|TP 140-26||to 3600||N/A||to 3000||to 3000||to 3600||to 4000||N/A|
|TP 140-33||to 3600||N/A||to 3000||to 3000||to 3600||to 4000||to 2700|
|TP 172-26||to 5000||N/A||to 4000||to 4000||to 5000||to 5000||N/A|
|TP 172-33||to 5000||N/A||to 4000||to 4000||to 5000||to 5000||to 3750|
|TP 75-26||to 450||to 325||to 325||to 325||to 520||to 545||NA|
|TP 75-33||to 500||to 350||to 350||to 350||to 545||to 585||to 315|
|TP 93-26||to 545||to 455||to 455||to 455||to 545||to 636||N/A|
|TP 93-33||to 545||to 455||to 455||to 455||to 545||to 636||to 409|
|TP 115-26||to 1000||to 636||to 818||to 818||to 1000||to 1180||N/A|
|TP 115-33||to 1000||to 636||to 818||to 818||to 1000||to 1180||to 727|
|TP 140-26||to 1636||N/A||to 1364||to 1364||to 1636||to 1818||N/A|
|TP 140-33||to 1636||N/A||to 1364||to 1364||to 1636||to 1818||to 1227|
|TP 172-26||to 2273||N/A||to 1818||to 1818||to 2273||to 2273||N/A|
|TP 172-33||to 2273||N/A||to 1818||to 1818||to 2273||to 2273||to 1705|
- Parallel Twin Screw Extruder Spec Sheet (PDF , 144 KB )
Milacron’s Mosaic Microprocessor Control System
The Mosaic Microprocessor Control System puts state-of-the-art automation on your extrusion floor.
Our innovative “Mosaic” software has proven to be fast and intuitive. The fifteen-inch, full-color, touch-screen is provided in English and with the touch of a button, can be changed to an optional alternative language.
The B&R APC620 control hardware is a proven performer and is backed by worldwide sales and parts support. The program is stored on a rugged and reliable compact flash card eliminating the need for a hard drive. Your program can be archived on a second compact flash card so you will never have down time due to a lost program. Fast boot-up time means that you start production quickly.
Well-designed screens allow your operators to easily monitor and adjust all temperature set points. Self-tuning PID algorithms make fluctuating temperature control a thing of the past.
The keyboard is dust & liquid proof and has large pads to allow easy operation even while wearing gloves. A high temperature rating and fully-sealed cabinetry is designed to keep you in operation in the harshest of environments.
Put today’s best extrusion control technology at your finger tips with Cincinnati Milacron’s Mosaic Control.
Mosaic Control Features
- Non-volatile memory is stored on a compact flash card. No hard drive to fail
- 2 USB ports provided for easy printer connection and data transfer via memory stick
- Rugged dust & liquid proof cabinetry designed to thrive in a factory environment
- B&R’s X20 slice I/O with high density I/O blocks with up to 12 I/O’s per slice compared with 8 I/O’s on competitive systems
- Significantly reduced space requirements due to the unique design of the X20 I/O platform
- Operator station is equipped with a 15-inch full-color touch-screen and has manual “quick” buttons on an attached keyboard
- Graphics are easy to follow, providing for a user-friendly system
- The controller can store up to 40 different recipes, making the system even more “operator friendly”
- Main control unit – One (1) 600MHz Celeron
- No hard drive Memory-Control uses Compact Flash Ram
- 15″ (381mm) color LCD screen
- Self diagnosis
- Two (2) ethernet ports
- Two (2) RS232 com ports
- CAN Bus interface capable for downstream interface
- X2X Communication Bus (machine/op station interface)
- Temperature Control:
- PID control of barrel and screw oil zones
- High/low temperature alarms
- Automatic PID barrel heat tuning
- Shorted thermocouple protection
- Pre-heating timer
Additional Control Features:
- Audible alarm
- Easy access of menus with icons on touch screen
- English/metric selectable units
- Alternative languages available
- Set point change log
- Machine control diagnostics
- Analog & digital I/O diagnostic screens with description of I/O
- Time-based plotting
- Export of plotting data to USB memory stick in CSV data format
- PLC3 printer interface over USB port
- Printout of machine run conditions
- Export of machine run conditions to USB memory stick
- Process alarms
- Internal parameter storage – 40 formulations or dies
- Password data entry via screens
- Historical alarm log
- Remote viewing of operator menus over Ethernet link and VNC Server Software
- Time and date information page
- Accepts signal from melt temperature & melt pressure probes
- 1/2 second power failure ride-through to maintain machine operation
- Onscreen keyboards for alphanumeric entries on menus
- Operator keypad easily used by operators wearing gloves for
- Starting & stopping motors and drives
- Increasing & decreasing motor speeds
- Locking & unlocking operator screens
- Operator screen pre-sets
- Quick access to calibrate screen menu
- Large single parameter display menu configured by operato
- Actual machine parameters displayed on bottom of screen also configured by operator
Mosaic Control Screen Displays
Machine View Menu
Provides an overview of the extruder operation. A click on a machine motor or temperature will advance the screen to the selected function. The display shows actual values for several machine parameters.
Used to establish the speed of the extruder and other drivers. Press the synchronization button to enable synchronization. Press the synchronization button on the drive that needs to be synchronized, and select the name of the drive to which it should be synched.
Temperature Setup Menu
Used to establish the run and shutdown temperature setpoints for each Barrel Zone and, if equipped, the Screw Oil Zone, and VMEDS zones. This menu also displays the actual temperature of each zone. There may be as many as 10 temperature zones on this screen. Each zone can be turned ON or OFF.
Die Temperature Setup Menu
Used to establish the run and shutdown temperature setpoints for the die zones. This menu also displays the actual temperature of each zone. There may be as many as 10 temperature zones on this screen. Each zone can be turned ON or OFF.
Used to set a time to enable the control to turn ON the Heat Control Master on the Extruder Temperatures or Die Temperatures menus.
Can plot up to 4 selected items on the screen. Touch the carat at the right of the selection box. It will bring up a list of parameters to trend. Touch the parameter you wish to trend, and the screen will trend the parameter selected.
Extruder Monitor Menu
Contains information that allows you to monitor how well the Extruder and Feeder are running.
Run Sheet Menu
Allows the operator to capture the current running condition of the extruder and print out.
Trending Graph Menu
Shows bar plots of any parameter the control is trending
Options for a Wide Variety of Applications and Speeds
- Customized screw designs matched specifically to the customer process requirements for optimal performance.
- Feeding systems to meet process performance requirements: gravity, doser, crammer, single and multi-component gravimetric.
- Screw core temperature regulation options.
- Barrel cooling system: water, HTF, air.
- Variety of drive and motor systems available, including AC vector.
- Advanced materials of construction, including tungsten coated screws and bimetallic lined barrels for maximum wear protection.
- Extrusion-Brochure_FINAL (PDF , 2 MB )