OUR FIELD SERVICES
Each of our field service engineers has many years of experience in every facet of the extrusion process, having trained and worked with some of the world’s leading extrusion equipment manufacturers. We offer on-site field services for borescope alignment, PM inspections, barrel and feed screw measurement, as well as many other services you may require. Milacron Extrusion’s work is guaranteed. References from our customers can be provided at any time.
∙ Barrel Alignment
∙ Feed Screw Measuring
∙ Barrel Measuring
∙ Preventative Maintenance
FEED SCREW MEASURING
We measure the flights on your feed screws to determine how much wear has taken place, and to let you know if a new or rebuilt feed screw may increase production output. Then, we can follow through with a recommendation and quotation to provide you with what you need.
We take a beginning measurement of the barrel alignment, then adjust the barrel supports, gearbox, and/or frame accordingly to ensure your equipment is properly aligned.
We measure the inside diameter of your barrel with an electronic measuring device, to determine how much wear has taken place, and to let you know if it is time for a replacement barrel. Then, we can follow through with a recommendation and quotation to provide you with what you need.
9 GREAT REASONS TO HAVE YOUR EXTRUDER ALIGNED BY MILACRON EXTRUSION
1. If the extruder has been moved to a new location
2. If the concrete floor is settling, causing uneven support of the extruder
3. If screws or barrels are wearing at an abnormally high rate, or in an abnormal pattern
4. If screws keep breaking for unexplained reasons
5. If the machine vibrates more than normal
6. If the screws are difficult to slide in/out of the barrel & gear box quill
7. If the barrel supports were adjusted
8. If the machine has been hit with a forklift (yes, it happens!)
9. If any of the extruder major components are removed & replaced i.e. barrel, feed section, and/or gearbox